Monday, April 13, 2009

It's a Tea Party | Girls Special Occasion Dresses at Sophia's Style Boutique

Patricia



I'm always struggling for fun party ideas for my granddaughter. I want to make it special when they are staying with me. I thought why not do a tea party! But, everyone knows Grandma Patty doesn't do things halfway. I sent out formal invites to my granddaughters and my great niece. I gave them plenty of notice and let them know I will be providing them attire for the event.


I shopped at SophiasStyle.com girls clothing store and found the perfect little girls special occasion dresses for the event. They had the style I was looking for and the price was perfect. I purchased each girl's dress and they were able to take them home as a memento.


For the menu-easy. I made little finger sandwiches, but not of cucumber and watercress, but of peanut butter. I also offered small butter cookies. The tea was apple juice. I found a cute tea set at a local thrift store. I set up their small craft table with a lovely tablecloth and some flowers that I got from the grocery store.


We turned off the phone and turned on some of my classical music. The girls were sat at the table and we had discussions about the weather, what we'd like to do this summer, etc. The conversation did get giggly and silly at times, but it was good quality time together. We all had to use our best table manners during this tea. That included napkins folded across the lap, elbows off the table and of course our "please" and "thank you".


At the end of the tea, I had grandpa come in and take a picture of me and the girls together. I then told them that they could keep those dresses, as long as they promised that they would carry on this tradition with their daughters and granddaughters. I plan on making copies of this picture and framing it for my daughter and my niece.

What a wonderful experience. I was so glad that I did that, and it just might become a yearly event. This tea party idea is easy to pull off. Just remember that Sophia'sStyle.com girls clothing store has a wide selection of girls special occasion dresses and accessories to go with those dresses. Make it special, make it memorable...but still make it easy on yourself.


Have a great party planning idea? Want to share your stories, hints or tips? Click here to share with us your ideas. We'd love to hear from you!




1 comment:

  1. Your clothes are SO adorable, unique, and affordable. I get MORE compliments on my daughters clothes that I got from Sophia's style. I have an adorable picture of her in one of them that I'd love to share with you. :)

    ReplyDelete