Friday, November 13, 2009

Create Beautiful Memories With Her Communion Dress

I keep a special picture on top of my dresser that I look at every day. It is special to me for many reasons, but like with most pictures, its real importance comes from the people in the photograph.

I stand sandwiched between my grandma and grandpa, smiling a gap-toothed grin at the camera. My hands are folded in reverence and I’m wearing my first communion dress. It’s April of 1995, the day of my First Holy Communion. It was one of the last special events my grandparents were alive to witness. They both died shortly after the picture was taken. I remember that day well and looking at the photo every morning as I get ready for my day brings a smile to my face.

I often wonder what my relationship with my grandparents would be like now. I see the mature, adult relationship my fiancée has with his grandparents and sometimes feel badly that I missed out on that with my own grandma and grandpa. Still, I am grateful to have my special picture.

A girls First Holy Communion is a big event in her life. And just like me, she’ll have memories of it for the rest of her life. There are a lot of special elements to this big day. SophiasStyle.com has dozens of beautiful communion dresses that are perfect for the occasion. You might also celebrate with a cake and gifts. Just don’t forget the most important element – celebrating with the people you love most.

What do you remember about your first communion?

This blog was first posted at Trendy Girls Fashion Blog.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment