Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just Dance!

As a little girl I was always jealous of girls who danced. I admired all the pretty girls dancewear – the sparkly leotards, the fluffy tutus – and wished I could be graceful too. Unfortunately, I was more a girl of the shy, tomboy, clumsy variety. Except for one summer when I was six years old I took a dance class at our local community center…

The big finale of my summer dance class had two performances: a slow, interpretive number about a butterfly and a high energy dance to the ever-popular song “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” from the movie Mary Poppins. (In case you were wondering, yes I had to look up how to spell it!) I was so excited for the big show. My sister, my mother and her friend Alice even came to watch.

For the first song my dance group decided we would be caterpillars who grew into beautiful butterflies. Apparently I spaced off during that discussion. I decided to be a sleeping butterfly instead of flying away. As each of my classmates fluttered away I lay down and went to sleep. I must have looked so silly and my fellow dancers just look confused. My mom videotaped the performance, so I got to re-live it over and over.

My second performance started off great but ended in even more embarrassment. We were running, jumping and cart wheeling to the music like crazy – I loved it! At the very end I cart wheeled right into one of my fellow dancers. We both toppled over and sat stunned as the music ended. It was a real America’s Funniest Home Videos moment for sure.

So all in all, my experience with dance could have gone better. But honestly, it couldn’t have been any more fun either! And isn’t that what it’s all about when you’re a little girl?

Outfit your tiny dancer in girls dance shoes and dancewear from SophiasStyle.com and just encourage her to have fun. She’ll make great memories on stage and feel like a star.

Does your little girl dance? Share a memorable dancing moment with us!

This blog was first posted at Trendy Girls Fashion Blog.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment